Thursday 3 September 2009

How to identify an undated 20p

Hello Again,

I have realised it's almost a month since I last posted which admittedly isn't good.

However, I hope this post makes up for it in that I can clarify what to look for to those seeking an undated 20p coin.

To begin with, the mistake the Royal Mint made is that they failed to date a batch of 2008 redesigned 20p coins.
Quoting the obvious maybe, but first of all the intended spot for the date on the 2008 redesign is on the heads side bottom right hand side under the F.D marking.

The old 20p that were made from the con's inception in 1982 to 2008 before the redesign all have the date on the middle on the tails side.

So please be wary of those listed on ebay with the images of only the tails side - THE TAILS SIDE ON THE 2008 REDISIGNED COIN IS SUPPOSED TO BE DATELESS AND TO QUALIFY AS AN UNDATED COIN THE DATE MUST ALSO BE MISSING ON THE HEADS SIDE.

Do not know if it's laziness but I still haven't listed my undated 20p coin on ebay.

Best Wishes!

David.

No comments:

Post a Comment